Saturday, July 12, 2008

{Love Rain}

Love rain down on me,on me,down on me(4x)Met him on a Thursday,sunny afternoonCumulus clouds, 84 degreesHe was brown,deepSaid he wanted to talk about my missionListen to my past lives (Word?)Took me on long walks to places where butterflies rest easyTalked about Moses and MumiaReparations,blue colors,memories of shell top adidasHe was fresh,like summer peachesSweet on my mind like block parties and penny candyUs was nice and warm,no jacket,no umbrella,just warmAt night we would watch the starsAnd he would physically give me each and every oneI felt like cayenne pepper,red,hot,spicyI felt Dizzy and Sonia, heaven and Miles between mythighsBetter than love,we made deliciousHe me had,had me heHe had me tongue tiedI could hear his rhythm in my thoughtsI was his sharp, his horn sectionHis boom and his bipAnd he was my loveLove rain down on me,on me,down on meThe rain was fallin and,and slowly and sweetly and stinging myeyesAnd I could not see that he became my voodoo priestAnd I was his faithful concubineWide open,wide,loose like bowels after collard greensThe mistake was madeLove slipped from my lipsDripped down my chin and landed in his lapAnd us became newNow me non-clairvoyant and in loveMade the coochie easy and the obvious invisibleThe rain was fallingAnd I couldn't see the season changingAnd the vibe slipping off its axis Our beautiful melody became wildly staccatoThe rain was falling and I could not seeThat I was to be plowed and sowed and fertilizedAnd left to drown in his sunny afternoonCumulus clouds,84 degrees,melodyLove rain down on me,on me,down on me (2x)(Mos Def:)I stretch my arms towards the sky like blades of tall grass,The sun beat between my shoulders like carnaval drums.I sat still in hopes that it would help my wings growSo then I could really be fly.And then she arrived.Like daybreak inside a railway tunnel,like the new moon,like a diamond in the mines,like high noon to a junker,Sudden...She made my heart beat in the now, now time signature,her skin a canvas for ultra violet brush strokes.She was the sun's painting,she was a deep cogniac color,her eyes sparkle like lights along the new city,her lips purst as if her breath was too sweet and full for her mouth to hold.I said:"You are the beautiful distress of mathmatics,"I said:"For you, I will peel open the clouds like new fruit,and give you lightning and thunder as a dowry,I will make the sky shed all of it's stars like rain,and I will cast the constellations across your waist,and i will make the heavens your keep.And they will be pleased to cover you,they will be pleased to cover you,May i please... cover you......please...

No comments: